CouncilMARK™ - Far North District Council Case Study
Time & Location
About the Event
This webinar will cover the Far North District Council's (FNDC) continuous improvement efforts, and all it has done in its pursuit of excellence.
FNDC has shown courageous leadership as it strives towards the goal of being the very best Council in New Zealand. Their journey started four years ago when the Council undertook its first CouncilMARK™ assessment which helped FNDC establish a baseline of performance. From there, a comprehensive work programme was created that centered around continuous improvement.
Webinar attendees will have the opportunity to ask the presenters questions about their CouncilMARK™ experience, FNDC's improvement journey, and the progress the Council has made with the community through its efforts.
By the end of the webinar, participants will have:
- followed the process FNDC undertook in responding to their first CouncilMARK™ assessment, and how the programme informed their subsequent work programme;
- learned about the EQUIP ‘shadow assessment’ process;
- heard what was required to get elected members and staff aligned in their pursuit of excellence;
- learned about the impact the FNDC has had with key stakeholders, including the community, through this process;
- examples from the Far North experience that can be replicated in other councils.
This webinar is suitable for:
- All councils, whether you’re participating in CouncilMARK™ or not;
- Elected members; and
- Chief Executive and Senior Managers.
N.B. This webinar is open to all councils and is not restricted to those that have participated in the programme.