Revised Standard Safety Intervention Toolkit
Time & Location
About the Event
This revision of the toolkit has considered lessons learnt from the previous version, updated cost ranges and impacts on economic analysis, provides narrative to enable the better understanding of the current challenges and opportunities that exist within the sector, and ensures alignment with Road to Zero, and the Safe System principles.
The updates include:
- a review of cost ranges from recent SSI applications and completed projects;
- the inclusion of the One Network Framework classifications;
- refined investment criteria to minimise confusion and remove duplication;
- the inclusion of two new interventions – speed management and traffic calming;
- an update of DSI effectiveness from recent research reports and Waka Kotahi case studies; and
- general clarifications and refinements of the document.
This webinar will explain:
- progress of the Road to Zero road safety strategy;
- Vision Zero and the Safe System approach;
- the additional interventions added to the document; and
- the funding application process.
By the end of the webinar, participants will:
- be aware of the revised toolkit and understand the updates and any impacts to their decision-making processes;
- understand the new additions and changes to the Standard Safety Intervention toolkit;
- understand how to access the document;
- feel informed and supported by Waka Kotahi to understand their role in the delivery of the Road to Zero strategy through interventions on their network; and
- have an understanding of Vision Zero, and Safe System principles, and how these apply to standard safety interventions.
This webinar is suitable for:
- local government staff involved in the road safety and transport sector. Also, councillors or decision-makers.
Fabian Marsh, Waka Kotahi Senior Manager Road Safety.
Fabian is a subject matter expert on road safety, including infrastructure interventions and speed management. He is responsible for the SSI Toolkit document.
Jeanine Foster, Speed and Infrastructure Programme, Local Roads Programme Manager
Jeanine is responsible for ensuring the delivery of SIP on local roads, and working with road controlling authorities to embed Vision Zero and Safe System to support the outcomes of the Road to Zero road safety strategy.USEFUL LINKS